Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Starting the New Year off right with a shiny sink!
Happy New Year! May you have a wonderful year with many blessings everyday! Like many of you I have a few goals for this coming year. And yes, of course one of them is to 'get organized'.

I am coming to think however, that to 'get organized' is not really the destination. I am beginning to wonder if it isn't more of a never ending path/journey. Where each day we make the choice of doing something that helps us accomplish our other goals or not.

For example, on a daily basis we choose to deal with the incoming mail, sort, toss, act on it. Or throw it in a pile and ignore it. The first scenario is the choice of people who are organized (at least in the area of taking care of the mail!) and the second one is the choice of those of us who are not organized.

I can see now why I've struggled with this issue for so much of my life. The idea is beginning to sink in, that it isn't about doing a huge amount of work and digging myself out from under the clutter, it's about dozens of small choices and actions through out each and every day. I choose to become a neater, tidier, more organized person over the coming year. Because I need to be organized so that I can accomplish my other goals, otherwise there is the risk that 12 months from now I'll be in the same shape I'm in right now.

I spent a little time each day this past week tackling just the obvious trash about the house, doing a bit of laundry and getting the dishes all washed up. I'm proud to say that I am starting out the new year with a clean shiny sink. Well, for a beat up sink that is pushing 70 years of age, this is about as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment