Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Friday, September 29, 2023

Getting Back in the Swing of Things




My Studio February 12, 2022


 And not much better in August of 2023

I've been drowning in everything. Grief from multiple deaths of family and 4 legged friends, too much to do, not enough hours or space to get it done.

I've recently learned that my chronic procrstination and disorganization are symptoms of childhood trauma and C-PTSD. Whew. Who knew! That knowledge alone made me feel better about myself. 

And one day I determined that wasn't going to let my crappy childhood hold me hostage anymore. I determined I was going to make my life better. It's slow going, slogging through all the crap. Still too busy with too much to do but I'm making headway.

There are three things I try to work on everyday;
Dishes, Laundry, Trash. 
Because those things pile up and become overwhelming. Because if I get behind in those areas there is no way I can work on anything else because those things are taking up all the space, time and energy to get caught up. 

So here I am just trying to do a little bit every day or two, to get ahead, to get things out of the way. My studio room is the first room I'm working on  hard because I need to get some projects out of the kitchen and into this space. It would be nice if I could use the kitchen just for food.



Still a long way to go but making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment