Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Packing For Italy!


Well, packing for my vacation to Italy. Whenever I'm getting ready for a long trip I  make a list of every single thing I can think of that I might need. Then I begin gathering the things up and checking them.

I used to make long trips to sell things at events. For those I actually had two lists. Everything personal that I needed including my menu and food lists and then another one of all the things I would need for my booth. As I collected the items up I would make a check mark next to them. Then after I actually packed them into the van or trailer I drew a line threw them. That way I knew if the things had actually made it into the vehicle or not.

As I collect things on my list I make another list of things I need to buy. After I come home from shopping and actually pack them, I cross them off my first list.  My mother traveled so much and stayed in various places when my dad was in the hospitals with his cancer and heart problems she made a printed list on her computer of all her personal items that they needed, especially their medications. Then she could revise it and print it out when she needed it.

I probably won't need the little suitcase in the picture as it looks like everything is going to fit into the big one. I'm just hoping I won't be over weight when I get to the airport as that is very costly.

Mom has an organizer like this and it is very handy when you are traveling, to have your make up and toiletries all together in one place. However, do not put it into your carry on luggage. They have very specific rules about bottles and tubes of creams and liquids in your carry on. It should be fine in your checked baggage, but the rules are always changing so it is a good idea to check with your airline before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment