Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Blessed are the Flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape" Lyddy

In light of the grand mud slide (Oh I know it's nothing compared to what you have in California and other places, but a pain in the butt for me) all decluttering and most housework will come to a halt so that I can deal with this mess.

Before I can even clean up the back porch though I have to dig out the ditch on the hill above my house. That is so that when it rains again I will not have more water running into the house. Once that is done I'll get the house taken care of.

This is going to take a bit though because it's pretty bad up there.

Here is where part of the water came down and ran down by the pallet, then down the side of the hill into the yard.
Here's a slightly different angle of the same spot.




Here's the area higher up. What you can't quite see in the photo is that on the right a gully is forming and all the dirt washed down and blocked up the ditch, so water that was coming down the ditch went down the side of the hill instead; this is probably where most of the water came from that ended up in my house.


This is the same area as the last photo after about an hour of hot, sweaty work with the shovel. Just glad I didn't hit any really big rocks cuz I didn't take the pick axe up there with me. You can see where I dug through the pile of dirt that washed down, clearing the channel so it can go on down the way it is supposed to.

As soon as I get a chance I will bring some seeds up here to plant and try to get some more cover so there is less chance of erosion. In the meantime I have about another 75 feet of ditch to clear out.


Remember if you click on the picture you can see it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment