Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Declutter the Desk

So how is your desk looking today? Here's mine. Actually it's not in bad shape because a couple of months ago I really worked hard to get the big piles of stuff off of it. But this past week it's been accumulating a lot of bits and pieces so I thought it would be a good idea to spend 15 minutes on it today and it least get the work surface cleared off.

It actually only took 10 minutes to get to this stage. After that I reset my timer for 15 minutes and worked on paying some bills and catching up my check book and YNAB. (You Need A Budget)

I have a hard time keeping my desk at home tidy. I don't have a pencil draw to stash things in and haven't yet found really convenient desk top items for keeping all the small bits organized.

Since things get so dusty I like things to be covered but most containers with lids are inconvenient. What I'm really thinking about is something like these stack able drawers. I could put dividers or open containers in the drawers to hold paperclips and the like. I could use a drawer to hold my hole punch and stapler. Gosh I can think of a lot of things I could put in drawers like these to help corral all the stuff on my desk.
BLACK CLEAR 3 DRAWER DESK ORGANIZER

Then again I'm thinking about buying a small parts bin like this one to organize paper clips, rubberbands, thumb tacks and all those other little bitty things. They come in different sizes, with a variety of drawer sizes.

2 comments: