Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Home Again!

fresh fruit outside a village shop
Well it is certainly nice to be home again, although I could easily live in Italy! It is so lush and green. All along the country roads there is food going to waste, figs, blackberries, apples, plums, pears, nuts, even an occasional grape vine. In some spots even a little wild thyme, chamomile and other herbs and of course in the woods are tons of mushrooms and truffles. Mmmmm. But it was good to come home and sleep in my own bed. It was also nice to discover that I actually lost 5 pounds while gone on vacation, eating so much fresh fruit and salad!

I arrived home on Sunday morning and after looking around and doing a few things like unpacking my suitcase and starting a load of laundry I took a nap all afternoon! The jet lag was catching up with me. I did a little more on Monday, working outside in my garden while it was cool and catching up on email and things when it warmed up. Today I had to go to work. After being gone for 3 weeks it was about the last thing I wanted to do. I am really looking forward to the day I can stay home all the time!

So of course now I still have photos to edit and a few more Italian adventures to relate over on my art blog, The Artist's Way. While I did empty the suitcase I haven't put everything away yet, I imagine it will take me a few days to get everything sorted out and get back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment