Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Time Management

Four 'o Clock or Marvel of Peru
I'm trying hard to get back into my routines and get my house at least as good as it was before I went on vacation. I tend to be a horrible procrastinator about a lot of things, especially when it comes to cleaning up. I have gotten better about picking up after myself, especially when I'm working in the kitchen, putting things away as soon as I've measured out what I need.  I just need to work on doing the same thing everywhere else!

It is very easy for me to sit down in front of the computer and get sucked in for hours. I have every intention of getting up and doing something else "in a minute" or "when I finish this" but sometimes the minute stretches out to an hour and sometimes when the project is finished it's waaaaay past my bedtime. A lot of this comes from what I am doing here. I don't play games, actually I'm mostly working. I have 3 other blogs besides this one, ( there are links to these over on the right) I belong to 3 forums, I write articles on Squidoo and I make products over on Zazzle, all in addition to my own website, Face Book and now Google+. whew, no wonder I need more hours in a day! Oh and not to mention taking photos of everything which then have to be edited before I can post them anywhere.

So what I am trying out is that every time I sit down at the computer I set my timer; usually for 15 minutes. When it goes off I get up and do another task from my list. This way I am not sitting for such long periods at once, I'm still getting things done online and I am also getting things done around the house. So here are a few things I have accomplished the last couple of days.


planting daffodil & tulip bulbs
planted purple pansies along the edge


Star Jasmine storm damage

Star Jasmine after clean up
a cleaner desk

No comments:

Post a Comment