Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Friday, September 14, 2012

And then Life Happens

after a crazy work day
To continue in the kitchen, well, Thursday turned into the craziest day for work. First I went to work from 5-6:30 AM. Then I came home for a bit, fed the ducks and chickens, drank more coffee. I did 15 minutes in the kitchen throwing away some junk and getting a bit more counter space cleared off. (That is an ongoing project that comes in about a square inch at a time). I even ran a couple loads of laundry and managed to get one of them hung out.



I had to leave home and return to work at about 9:45 and didn't get home until just about 1:00. My blood sugar was hitting the basement so I gobbled up some cheese and crackers, went out and picked some chili peppers, made a pot of green chili for my dinner. I fed and watered the livestock, watered some newly seeded lettuce and carrot beds, made my lunch and left again for work at 2:45. I got home after 10, cruise the internet a bit and went to bed. And then today I went back to work at 7:30, just happy it wasn't 5am again.

The picture above shows the state of the house this evening. I spent 15 minutes in there tonight, washing up the dishes, scrubbing on one side of the stove top and cleaning up the sink again.

Kitchen after 15 minutes
I know it doesn't look like I've done much, but really, the dishes are all clean and there's a few square inches of clean counter space that wasn't there earlier. And now I"m off for a shower and bed. I'm beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment