Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Bedroom

The bedroom before

Well, to continue, after getting a lot done in the bathroom, I tackled the bedroom, 15 minutes at a time. Here's a before pic from the doorway. I couldn't tell you how many months it's been since I actually made my bed.


Bedroom before














I did three 15 minute sessions in here, there is still a good bit of dust, trash and junk in here, hiding on the other side of the bed, but at least the walk way to the bathroom is cleared, the feather bed fluffed up and the bed made. I put away most of the clean clothes (there isn't room in the dresser for the winter stuff and since I'll be needing it soon, no point to packing it away now! that's the pile on the floor next to the dresser) I got all the dirty clothes corralled in the hamper, it's been raining so I've gotten a bit behind on the laundry, tho one sunny day and I can catch back up.
Bedroom after
Bedroom after













I also vacuumed the open part of the floor in here.

After the bedroom I tackled the kitchen, but that's another post for another day!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Mary. The one thing that I run through in my mind when dealing with [space] is this: If there's not enough room in the closet and the dresser/chest of drawers for my clothing, then it's time to get rid of some of it. That's the whole idea of decluttering, yes? My husband and I just bought some new pants because some of our older ones are aging to the point of holes in the crotch, etc. Last night, my husband tried to say he thought his holey pants still had life in them... I looked at him and said, "When your not looking..." and he laughed out loud and said, "you'll throw them out. and I laugh because I know you're serious." You know what? I found those pants next to some trash that needs to go out. He's a partner in crime in our chaos. So, because of my FlyLady training... I teaching him as well. I have to stay on top of it because his mother... is one of the worst hoarders I've ever seen. Honestly! You think your place was bad? Her place was like having a sewer explosion along with the city dump inside her home. She's since had some mental training and a change of behavior and as far as I know she's keeping things under control. However, my husband lives in her chaos before the change... a lot of this behavior is learned and fed at a young age. So, after we were married... at all started... I took the bull by the horns because I have hoarding issues of my own... Without GOD I would've never made it this far! We have minor hot spots and minor clutter... but it's manageable! Life is tough!

    ReplyDelete