Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Sunday, April 28, 2019

4/28/19 To Dos

Fresh cut peppermint
Today’s tea flavor is peppermint. 

Today’s list
Breakfast
Chores
Incubator set up
Plant tomatoes herbs: oops never got there
Clean chick brooder: didn't get there either, but tomorrow for sure!
Nest boxes: didn't manage that either
Shade cloth: didn't even go there
Desk Ta Da managed to get the desk top cleaned off!
Afternoon chores
Laundry: folded up and put away the ones on the line, managed to wash and hang out another load
Dishes   Did 15 on dishes while dinner cooked
Clean coop And compost   got a small coop cleaned out and another compost pile started
Oyster shell  If you don't know oystershell is calcium carbonate and is needed by laying hens to make hard egg shells.

Of course the list is impossibly long. Yes but I didn't get too worked up over it and actually took it kind of easy today.



The big tall cardboard box is full of egg cartons. Behind it is my vintage 1950s redwood incubator. My little tabletop model cooked a batch of eggs and I need to get some chicks hatched before it’s too hot. So that incubator needs to move....


Over here where I can plug it in. 



Took me 30 minutes to accomplish a move of about 10 feet.



I did manage 30 on the desk. There is still more to do but a lot of it I’m not sure what I’m going to do with yet so just going to rest on what I’ve gotten done for now.



That vintage incubator came right up to temp and held steady all afternoon. So 72 eggs went in tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment