Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Day's To-dos





Well my white board is still missing in action and a paper list on the freezer door isn't getting anything done so maybe putting it here will help.

Breakfast
put away eggs
chores
laundry: I managed a load washed and hung out. The second load is still in the washer. Sigh.

dishes: I washed dishes for 15 min while dinner cooked. But by the time I ate and finished this post it was time to shower and go to bed.

plant seeds (might have to mix potting soil): I didn't have to mix potting soil and I did get 4 flats seeded.

clear garden beds: got one done

plant peppers and tomatoes: not yet

cover squash bed against birds: OOPS not done

clear other beds: Not a chance

plant greens: not even

clean coops / make compost pile: I did get one small coop cleaned and compost started

Unload car: sort of, got a couple of things out and in the house

Evening chores

oh there is sooo much more to be done but I doubt I'll get through this whole list today as it is....


A bed that grew cauliflower over the winter. Cut down the plants and the clover all of which I fed to the chickens. Added mineral amendments.



Also a couple of buckets of manure and lightly forked it in. The ground is getting really dry so I watered really good. Took about an hour.  I’ll put in plants this evening. (mmmm might get plants in on Tue or Wed)


There are 3 other nest boxes but 2 broody girls want this one then a third wants to lay in here. I did manage to clean out this 7x9’ pen and start the compost. 

 I made soil blocks, four trays at 36 per tray. Seeded a tray each of zinnias, marigolds, sunflowers and Swiss chard.


The kitchen didn't get much love today. Now a garden blog post, a shower and off to bed. Working a full day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment