Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Sunday, May 12, 2019

5/11/19

Calendula, chaparral sage, mini roses
Our Center for the Arts has a fund raising Mothers Day tea each year, so I dropped off some flowers for them before heading to market.

Eggs and flowers at market
My to do list wasn't long since it was a market day.
Breakfast
chores
cut herbs and flowers

clean indoor brooder: it started raining so that's on hold
work on brooder coop: same here
freshen nest boxes: same here
afternoon chores

corner in front room before



corner after; bank box is full of office supplies to donate
Since it was raining I worked on this corner in the front room. There was actually more stuff but I forgot to take a picture before I started. I didn't set my timer, just worked at it until it was done. A lot of it was office supplies, most of which were duplicates of things I already have enough of. So I will donate the extra to a teacher or to the library. The big box on the bottom is the chicken plucker I bought last fall when I got a huge discount through work. I haven't had a chance to even take it out and put it together yet.

My dog is a huge livestock guardian dog that lives with the chickens. Right now I have him in the pen that is most open to being attacked by predators. The problem is he's terrified of thunder. With the rain came a major thunder roll. He managed to squeeze out of the gate. I'd been unloading things from the car and left the back open. He ran and hid inside. He refused to come out until this morning. Right now he can't run the whole property space for lack of fencing in some areas so that has just moved up to high priority on the big to do list. That way in times like these he could go and hide in the shed or something and I won't have to worry about him.


No comments:

Post a Comment