Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Declutter in the Kitchen

Now I know that everyone of you has a cabinet that looks like this! You know the one that is full of all your little plastic storage containers or yogurt cups or whatever you collect to put your left overs in.



So tonight I did just 15 minutes in this cabinet, took every thing out, half a shelf at a time, wiped it out, sorted the containers out and matched up the lids, tossed everything that didn't have a lid and put it back. On the other side I decluttered the two meat grinders. I love these old things, great for making home made sausage and such, BUT I don't have the strength to do it for very long any more. So they are going out. When I'm really raising a lot of my own meat again I'm going to look into buying an electric one. Probably something like this one, with different blades and some sausage stuffers.


I used to use a hand grinder and made rabbit and goat sausage; one meat or the other mixed half and half with pork and flavored with pineapple sage. mmmmm that was a yummy time in my life.








Oh yeah, you are waiting for this picture, aren't you? So now I can find the right container and a lid that fits to put my lunch in!


So don't hesitate, just set your timer and see how much you can accomplish when you are focused for just 15 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment