Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Monday, June 27, 2011

In the Bedroom

Whew! What a day 106+. Hot and blech! So when I was thinking about where I would do my 15 minute decluttering tonight I wanted something simple and easy that wouldn't require a lot of energy or thinking. I decided to work around and on top of my dresser.
dresser before

The dresser itself is a hand me down, I painted it around 2004. This was before I had learned to properly do One Stroke painting. I've thought of painting it over, but it does serve to remind me how far I've come.

You can see part of a rose border above the window that I painted about 2007, much better! The window area itself has been under construction since last summer. It used to be a smaller window in the space and I replaced it with a larger one. Just haven't gotten it all finished yet!

The clothes on the floor were ones I was getting rid of because they were really ripped and torn. The pile next to the dresser has a lot of curtains and table linens that I do plan to use. I just need to finish out the window so I can hang a rod so I can hang the curtains! Lots of projects go just like that around here. I have to do 5 other things before I can actually do the one thing I really want to get done. Is it like that at your house too? Oh yeah, that pile of linens is sitting on a box of old records, which I do still listen to.
dresser after 15 minutes

Well after taking out a bag of garbage here it is. looking a bit better, don't you think? I even did a little bit on the dresser top after I took care of the rest, you just can't really tell it yet. I think it's going to need at least a whole 15 to itself.

dresser top













Does your dresser accumulate such stuff? This is where I clean out my pants pockets and depending on what I've been doing there may be change, keys, screws, nuts, bolts, all kinds of seeds, who knows what else!

No comments:

Post a Comment