Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Decluttering

Yesterday (June 24, 2011) I was very sidetracked after work. The grand kids had trashed the kitchen and living room while I was gone and left stuff everywhere. I did a quick run through and picked up and got the kitchen under control in about 15 minutes. Then I got side tracked on the computer doing other things. It was late, I was thinking about going to bed when I realized I hadn't checked in with my buddies over on the FlyLady forums.

As I began to write my post and make excuses I thought, well why don't you just DO IT! So I did. And then I went to bed, so that is why I'm posting this morning, instead of last night.


I looked around for something quick and easy to do and saw these shelves full of stuff.
This one is in the front room where I've been working most of this past week or so.

What is this stuff?? Most of it is powdered pigments from which you can make your own paint, along with the things needed to make my own ink and lay gold leaf. I plan to work with these materials again, so they went into a storage box.




These are the shelves in my bedroom, most of what is on them is more paint, ink and gilding supplies. Along with miscellaneous stuff. So some things went in the give away box and the rest to the storage box. I plan to move these shelves into my studio to help get my buckets of paint brushes and small supplies up off my work table. Then I can go to bed at night without the thought of things falling down on my head. (which happened once!)


Here they are after just one 15 minute session.

I made the small wooden shelves quite a few years ago myself. They were pretty simple and easy to do.  The shelf in the front room is just a wire rack like you would put in a closet. I'm not sure what I will do with it yet.

If you needed something a bit bigger, perhaps in your entry way or mud room, here are the plans for a storage bench and a really nice wall shelf complete with hanging pegs.






I'll be back later with today's 15 minute declutter session!

No comments:

Post a Comment