Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More Decluttering; There Is A Method To My Madness

spare bedroom from the door, before
Now today I spent my 15 minute declutter session in the spare bedroom. I know that those born organized, logical folks will be like "Hey, why don't you finish in the front room before you go elsewhere?"

Well, there is a method to my madness. You see a lot of what is still in the front room needs to go in the spare bedroom, but there is no space. So before I can finish the front room I have to go make space in the spare bedroom. A lot of decluttering my house is going to go like this!

I used to do a lot of spinning, weaving and natural dyeing and I really want to be able to do this again, though I am holding the brakes on my impulsive nature to start up a project NOW! and am working to get everything cleaned up and organized first.


spare bedroom before

Now what you can't see in the pictures is that there is a dresser hiding behind the door along with some other stuff. All those plastic boxes in the corner aren't mine though. That pile belongs to my daughter who is out of the country right now.

spare bedroom from the door, after
spare bedroom after

Now I actually only got rid of one thing in this room today and that was the clothes rack. We got it when my daughter was living here because this bedroom has no closet. But I don't expect anyone to be living with me any time soon, so out it goes. The rest of the fifteen minutes I just rearranged things to be a little more compact and take up less floor space.


The clothes rack was pretty handy while my daughter was staying with me, since there was no where else for her to hang up her clothes. In the future, should I decide that this room really needs a closet to hang clothes in, I will probably look for a wardrobe cabinet like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment