Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Today's 15 Minutes of Decluttering

Here's where I left off in the front room the other day. Some of this stuff hasn't seen the light of day in years. Some of it is for spinning, weaving and natural dying and most of those items I'll be keeping because I do have the intention of starting again in these crafts and I would not want to have to replace all of them when I do.

So what did I find besides an humongous herd of dust bunnies and a million little spiders and some mouse evidence? (Though I'm pretty sure I caught that mouse last winter, I'll be on the look out for any fresh evidence)

Well, there are some heddles for a loom I don't own anymore, which I will bundle up and post for sale.

The cardboard box is a chick brooder which I bought at a yard sale for $5, still in it's original shipping box. I looked up the model online, it will accommodate 300 CHICKS! OK, I will never need a brooder lamp this big, so that too is going to be posted for sale.

A box full of Presto glass canning jar lids, which are also for sale. A lot of scraps of sheet rock saved from re-doing the spare bedroom. Some were deemed beyond keeping so I tossed those and re-stacked the larger scraps against the wall.

Hiding behind the sheet rock was several plastic tubs, mostly full of natural dyes and mordants. I wiped down the boxes and put them back after I swept and mopped.

A big surprise however was the tub full of books. I used to belong to a historical recreation group and sold books and other things. This is leftover stock and I will be working on a good way to sell these for their full retail price.


 So now I need to add another 15 minutes a day to the schedule for selling all this stuff! If you've just joined me I'm whipping my house into shape 15 minutes at a time. My current schedule is 15 minutes every day in each of four areas, the kitchen, garden, decluttering and my desk, paperwork and business.My garden antics are being chronicled on my garden blog


 And here it is after just a second 15 minute session. Oh yeah, got rid of two wig heads that I used to use to display hats on. They were really gross with spider webs and dust.





See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment