Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

In the Studio

Today's decluttering mission is in my studio. It is soooo bad in there, I am really embarrassed. I don't even know how I get any painting done!
Studio paint table, before

Studio, shelves installed, only 10 minute job!
Studio shelves and paint table after 15 minutes
First I spent only about 10 minutes installing the shelves. Super easy with my portable drill!

Handy Home tip: hold the shelf up to the wall and make a small mark where you want the top of it to go. Then use a level to draw a line along that mark. Set your screws into your shelf and screw to the wall,  start with one in the middle, with your shelf top lined up with your straight and level line. Then do each end screw.

After I set the shelves in place I set my timer for 15 minutes and began cleaning off the paint table. There are still a few things on each end of the table to deal with, but at least the middle is empty and ready for a painting session. That is a very good thing because I have another pet portrait commission to work on!



If you don't have a portable drill, you should get one! I have tendonitis in my elbows. My portable drill can drive screws easily which would otherwise take me all day and make my elbows hurt really bad.

This one is very similar to mine. (mine is just older)

No comments:

Post a Comment