Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

De-railed; Again, part II

Whew! Almost done. Have laid down the new peice of plywood that my son cut for me awhile back, caulked the crack all around to prevent scorpions and other critters from finding their way in and put on one coat of paint.















painted toilet seat installed; acrylic craft paints
While I was down on my hands and knees painting the floor I got a really cool idea. Instead of putting down more tile, I think I am going to paint this floor with a scene. Not sure just what yet, but maybe something to match the toilet seat I painted one day.  I've seen pictures of floors painted to look like fish ponds and such before, I think it would be cool. Just don't let your drunk friends in, they might hurt themselves trying to swim. ;-)












This is a great book to get you started, even if you haven't done a lot of decorative painting before.







After the paint dries I'll put on 2-3 more coats. I'm using some leftover semi gloss exterior latex. I figured it was the toughest most waterproof paint I had. If I do paint a floor mural I will probably use my outdoor and patio paints for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment