Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Decluttering in the Kitchen, part V

behind the stove; you can see the mud from July 4th
Have you done your Weekly Home Blessing yet? If you don't know what that is, see my post here. It is basically a weekly run through the house, taking care of surface stuff, like trash, dusting, vacum, sweep & mop. While I was working on mine this morning I was sweeping in my kitchen and moved my rolly cart by the stove to sweep behind it. That's when I realized that the mud from July 4th had made it all the way down here.

To top that off there was bits of insulation the rats and mice have pulled out of the stove along with some dust bunnies. So I pulled the stove all the way out as far as I could. (it's gas, so range is limited by the flex line.)

the other corner behind the stove.
These before pictures were actually taken after I had swept up, but before I mopped.
behind the stove, after













So at least it looks a little bit better. My whole kitchen is in poor shape, especially the floor, so I don't spend a lot of energy on it, this is about as good as it gets.

side of stove before
While I had the stove out I realized that the side of it that is always next to the big cabinet had some grease and gunk on it so I cleaned most of that up with a Brillo pad and elbow grease.

side of stove after
















It's not perfect, but it is better.

Reminds me too that I need to get the # for the repair man from my mom and give him a call. The oven is out in the stove again. At first I thought it was that darn electronic ignition again. But now I'm wondering if the rat had something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment