Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Decluttering in the Kitchen

Well, as you can see, with everything that has been going on lately, the kitchen really needs some help! So I am going to focus on it for a few days, 15 minutes at a time.

The big blue thing is the book shelf full of cook books that I had to move when the water came in July 4th. Time for it to get back where it belongs!

That box of stuff on the floor? Stuff I brought home from cleaning out an estate in California in, get this, Dec, 2009!

Now I have to get ready and go to work in a bit, so I really don't have all day, but I do have 15 minutes.

Mmmm Rat poison, yes definitely need to keep that! I need to go stick it in the attic, they are getting noisy up there! (trapped a big wood rat in the living room the other day. He just danced in the front door when it was open!)

Some other things in that box, parts to a rain gutter, popsicle molds, assorted nuts, bolts, tools, pencils, a pocket knife, staples, stapler and staple puller. Miscellaneous junk.




So things are looking a bit better, that box on the floor to the right is all trash and on it's way out.


Some people have wanted to know why I have a chainsaw in my kitchen. I heat with wood so I need a chainsaw. It's in the kitchen because at the moment it is homeless. Hopefully I can find a place for it to live where it will be safe and out of the way, but still easy to get to.

As  you can see I think we are going to be in the kitchen for awhile; there is still a lot of stuff in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment