Welcome!

Are you living in what Marla Scilly, aka The Fly Lady, calls CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). Well then, join the club there are thousands, perhaps even millions of us!

I have struggled with organization in almost every area of my life for, well, my entire life. By starting this blog I hope to encourage others that they too can get and stay organized!

While it will probably embarrass my children for me to air the dirty laundry here, in full color photos, if it helps just one person along their own journey to getting organized and staying that way, it will have been worth it!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

When Disaster Strikes

Well now, after I did that nice declutter in the cupboards yesterday I went on and washed dishes and tidied up the counters, and swept and mopped before I left home to go to work. Only to be greeted with disaster when I came home after 10:00pm.
mud & water in my kitchen (my floor is blue)
mud & water in the kitchen

worst on the back porch
I haven't even begun on cleaning up any of it. It was too late last night and I had to work this morning. In fact I'm only home a couple of hours and then I'm on my way back to work and it's raining again now.







On another note, I did get a bit of decluttering done this afternoon when it was way too hot to have worked on the mud slide and besides, I had to go back to work, didn't want to get all dirty. So I decluttered some of my inbox and my Windows desk top. 

Yes I still use Outlook Express for my email. Don't even start. I like it. I hate using web based mail, it's annoying with all the clicking back and forth to see what something is and decide I want to read it then  you gotta click back a page to see the next thing. Forget it. Any way, if some of you are still using Outlook, I discovered a long time ago that if you click on the headings that say "From -Subject - Received" it will organize your mail in different ways. Clicking "From" will list everything in alphabetical order by name of sender. Clicking "Subject" will list it in alpha order according to what's in the subject line. Clicking Received will put it all back into the order that it was received in. Click again and it will put it in reverse order by the date.

I get a lot of email reminders from FlyLady and her friends, along with messages from different blogs and forums I follow,  so when they are piling up I just hit From and scroll down and they will all be grouped together for easy deleting.

On Windows I went through the control panel and deleted a number of games and other things that I don't need anymore.

2 comments:

  1. How awful! I am so sorry...3 steps forward 4 steps back. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lisa, just when you think you've got things under control Life throws you a curve ball. So it's already bed time and I have to work again tomorrow, but maybe not so long. I might have a go at some of this then. For tonight I'm going to bed.

    ReplyDelete